- - Dry chickpeas- 500 grams (soaked overnight)
- - Red onion- finely chopped
- - Olive oil- ½ cup
- - Salt and pepper- Freshly ground
- - Lemon juice- 1-2 lemons
- - Bay leaf- 1
- - Dried oregano- 2 table spoons
- 1. Begin by rinsing the chickpeas very well. Rub them if necessary.
- 2. Place the chickpeas in a bowl and cover them with water.
- 3. Boil the chickpeas for 15 minutes.
- 4. Drain and transfer the boiled chickpeas into another boiling bowl and add water. Add olive oil. Bay leafs, oregano, and onion.
- 5. Allow the mixture to cook for 1-2 hours. Keep checking the cooking progress.
- 6. To make the soup thicker, you can add flour and lemon and stir. The soup should be ready to be served.